How can you avoid making mistakes when choosing your next plotter machine, this is absolutely critical and something which you the user must be aware of in order to avoid any costly mistakes that may take place.
Here are 5 things that you absolutely must know about when it comes to choosing and selecting the ideal plotter for your company and organization. This list provides you a handy guide to choosing the right A0 & A1 Plotter here in Singapore.
1. Choose an Authorised Reseller / Partner:
- Always check with the company or manufacturer if the product you are purchasing is from an authorized reseller or partner.
- Failure to do so will cause you and your organization a myriad of problems as you progress forward, especially in terms of the costs you are paying and the consumables you are purchasing.
- In some cases, we have seen very cheap machines from reputed brands going to customers however they are often refurbished or second hand.
- The unauthorized reseller will simply sell you the machine without any proper warranty and there might be hidden costs when it comes to services which you will inadvertently incur.
- Our Company USC Solutions Pte Ltd is not only an authorized Desngjet business partner, and we are also a technical Designjet partner so rest assured that when you purchase from us you are purchasing the very latest at the best price and the highest quality.
2. Beware of companies overcharging you by way of monthly rental
- In a recent case we encountered, a customer was being offered a seemingly low monthly amount from an errant supplier.
- In a recent case, we encountered a customer who was being charged $190/month x 60 months for an entry-level large-format multifunctional printer.
- The total cost came up to : $11,400 !!
- The actual cost of the machine if you were to purchase outright would only be $5900!!
- The customer was overcharged by almost two times the amount!
- When you enter into any monthly rental by way of lease or hire purchase , always find out what is the interest rate you will pay, usually in singapore it ranges from 2.9% to 4.5% depending on the mechanics of the program
- Secondly, always check with other vendors what is the outright price of the machine and then make your decision from there.
- It is sad to see so many non-authorised suppliers behaving and offering customers solutions such as these which is a disservice to the customers.
3. Track Record and Proof of Works Conducted
- Since there are such a high number of sellers and the ease in which an online store can be started. It is extremely difficult to avoid thinking that the company you are purchasing from is competent to conduct the works.
- A recent search on Lazada shows a great number of vendors listing large format equipment, however, these vendors are either not authorized vendors or they really have no experience in setting up and providing a useful solution for the customers.
- Always, always insist that the vendor you are engaging has a track record of installations from companies that are reputable.
- USC Solutions Pte Ltd, has installed, maintained, delivered and serviced a large number of customers that range from reputable private companies to government sectors.
4. Trained and certified Service and Support
- A recent case also involved a machine being supplied to a reputable construction company in Singapore.
- This company purchased the machine however did not inquire or ask who would service the machine they purchased.
- They paid a hefty price for their mistake, the machine was purchased at over $15,000 and the machine broke down and once again they had to pay a further amount in order to fix the machine.
- Always insist that you are covered by a warranty program and the person who is selling you the machine has a team of certified engineers ready to fix the machine should it require servicing
5. Engage With Qualified and Competent Award Winning Sales People
- Most salespeople you will encounter will generally not take the time to really understand the issues you are facing.
- They are there to move a box and not a solution.
- Boxes are great, but solutions are much better. The investment you are making such as a printer will be with you and your company for a number of years. So if you make a decision that is incorrect it will be a waste of money and time for you and your organization.
- Do not be easily swayed by High trade-in values, as usually, these are just a way to mask the true value of a machine.
- Do not be taken by the additional free gifts that are on offer such as, mobile phones, laptops or other goodies which are most likely costed into your purchase price.
- Be vigilant towards the demeanor and competence of the salesperson and when possible try to view a demo of the machine.
- Viewing a demo of a machine will allow viewing the company set up and also give accreditation to the authority of the company.
- USC Solutions Pte Ltd has been in Singapore since 1958 and we continue to be the leading provider of Large Format Solutions.
- In addition to that, we have received multiple awards from manufacturers and continue to strive to be the best.
In closing, always try to verify the validity of statements and do some research before investing your companies money into any solution. Speak to other customers who own the machine and make an educated decision based on your research. We at USC Solutions Pte Ltd, adhere to the highest standards of providing our customers with great machines at great prices with a solid technical support. Do visit our website at www.uscsolns.com for more information. If you are looking for reprographic machines we also have a site dedicated for this and you may visit www.largeformatspecialist.com.sg.